Central Patchogue, Long Island, 1869
The Smith's home "The Willows" was one of the largest houses in Patchogue, complete with billiard room and aviary. Located on Main St. near Waverly Ave. in Patchogue (marked here just below the word "Cemetery"), it burned to the ground some years after Smith's death in 1893. Other properties on the map marked with Smith's name (e.g., top left) are unidentified. Today the property on which the house stood is vacant. Elizabeth Oakes Smith and her husband are buried some 200 feet from the house away from Main Street.